NRHA Sire & Dam Program Continues to Reward Stallion Owners
For Immediate Release – February 11, 2014 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – By Hayley Lewallen – The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Sire & Dam Program continued to put money in sire owners’ pockets by paying Sire Awards totaling over $34,900 in addition to awarding NRHA Lawson trophies to the winning sires in three divisions at the 2013 NRHA Futurity. Below is a listing of the winners:
Level 4 Open division:
- $13,117.95 to Hollywoodstinseltown, owned by David Silva, Sr., for Tinseltown Fly Guy
- $6,558.97 to Gunner, owned by McQuay Stables, for both Dont Miss My Guns and Double Loaded (tie)
- $6,558.97 to Walla Walla Whiz, owned by Arcese Quarter Horses, for Walla Whiz Affair and Arc Walla Dun Did It (tie)
Level 3 Open division:
- NRHA Sire & Dam trophy to Magnum Chic Dream, owned by Viola Scott, for Made By Magnum placing third
Level 4 Non Pro division:
- $3,498.12 to Gunner, owned by McQuay Stables, for Dunit The Gunner Way for (tie)
- $3,498.12 to Very Smart Remedy, owned by Anne Reynolds, for Magicality (tie)
- $1,749.06 to Big Chex To Cash, owned by Silver Spurs Equine, for Big Creme Chic
Started in 1966, the NRHA Sire & Dam program continues to provide significant benefits to both stallion and mare owners. Stallions who participate in the program are eligible for NRHA Futurity and Derby awards, while mare owners have the opportunity to purchase breedings to the top stallions in the industry at reduced rates. Sire & Dam offspring are eligible for reduced entry fees for the NRHA Futurity and Derby, as well as later entry deadlines for both events.
If you are interested in participating in the program or would like to learn more about it please contact Hayley Lewallen, Coordinator of Marketing & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405)946-7400.